FontXChange can easily convert fonts to OpenType (PS), PostScript Type 1, and TrueType for both Mac or Windows. FontXChange is designed to understand many different font formats and can convert fonts into many different formats.
Useful features include:
– Batch processing for converting entire font libraries;
– Preferences to set font encodings;
– Font inspection window with preview;
– Support for many font encodings, including Adobe Standard, Unicode, Mac Roman, and Windows ANSI, and European.
This makes FontXChange useful to:
– Convert PostScript Type 1 fonts (Mac or Windows format) into a single modern OpenType font file that works on both Mac and Windows. End the headaches of the outdated two-file system of screen font and printer font combinations. Just one font file that works;
– Recreate missing screen fonts using a PostScript font file in any format;
– Convert TrueType fonts to PostScript fonts. No more printing problems and incompatibilities associated with TrueType fonts and high-end output devices;
– Convert Windows fonts to Mac to Mac and vice-versa. Easily share fonts across different computers, even different operating systems.